|> home > festival|
ANNUAL SONG CONTEST
Rules of the Song Contest
1. Lyrics and music must be the original work of the composer.
2. The song contest is open to songs of all musical styles
3. Songs must be submitted on audio tape cassette, and must be accompanied by one copy of the lyrics.
4. Composer may enter as many songs as they wish. All songs must be included on the same cassette tape.
5. Any entry must not exceed a maximum time of four minutes
6. Tapes will not be returned
7. The closing date for receipt of entries will be Tuesday 1st August 2000.
8. Finalists will be notified by Monday 7th august.
9. Provisional Adjudication will be on the basis of the tapes submitted from which ten finalists will be chosen. Final Adjudication will be on the night of the final
10. All decisions of adjudication panel will be final and no correspondence will be entered into
11. Entries must be accompanied by original entry form of photocopies of the same
12. a) Each composer will be responsible for providing the singer at his/her own expense
b)Backing tapes only on the final night
13. Entry will be void if the composer is not present on the final night
14. The ten finalists will consist of ten best entries as judged by the adjudicating panel
15. A commercial recording may not be released for sale prior to the preliminary adjudicating
16. Entries for the song contest implies acceptance of all rules