Clonmany Catholics

The first issue of the Clonmany Catholic was launched in the winter of 1959. The paper consisted of four typed pages and the first front page cover featured a photograph of St Marys Church, Clonmany. The editorial explained the purpose for which the paper was brought into existence.

It also printed a short letter from Fr. Douglas P.P (Clonmany) and reported the death of Rev W. Devine P.P who died on October 1958.

The second issued was published in the Spring of 1960 featuring a photograph of St Marys Parish Church.

A photograph of Urris Chapel which was opened on July 22nd 1888 made the cover for the third issue.

The fifth issue included a map of the parish. This sketch was probably taken from the picture which used to hang in the Inishowen Hotel.

Patrick Kavanagh, the local school teacher was the artist. It was an excellent geographical work on the physical features of the parish.

This page will be updated regularly in the months to come but until then here is a taster of what you can expect:

Spring 1961 November 1974 June 1975 April 1976

 


Comments, problems, feedback? Send email to: webmaster@clonmany.com

Copyright © Inishsoft Limited. All Rights Reserved.