> home > heritage > photos

L&LSR in Clonmany


The L&LSR Carndonagh Extension was opened in July 1901, built entirely with grant aid attributed to the Congested Districts Act of 1891, an act to improve the economic conditions of the poorest areas of the country. Stations within the parish included Meendoran, Clonmany, Ballyliffin and Rasheeny (which has the honour of being the most northerly railway station in the country). The line was closed in 1934 primarily due to the improvements in road transport.


Railway Viaduct at Meendoran


Carndonagh Extension Engine


Comments, problems, feedback? Send email to: webmaster@clonmany.com

Copyright © Inishsoft Limited. All Rights Reserved.