Lay People Buried in the Old Church Inscriptions on tombstones :-
1. "Underneath this stone lyeth the remains of Mrs MARY CHICHESTER, wife of Rev ARTHUR CHICHESTER, and only daughter of HENRY O'NEILL of Shane's Castle, who died on the 12th day of May 1786. Also those of her son Doctor WILLIAM CHICHESTER, who was for many years Rector of the Parish of Clonmany, and who, to the great grief of his friends, relations, and parishioners, departed this life on the 31st of August 1815 aged 72 years."
" Mrs. Mary Chichester was great-grandmother of Rev. William Chichester, created first Baron O'Neill, he deriving his estates through her. Her husband was a nephew of Lord Donegall's. Col. Edward Cary, father of Mrs. Martha Mac Neill, was son of George Cary Recorder of Derry 1613-1640, who was given 500 acres of O'Cathain's land at Dungiven in 1616."
2. "Underneath this stone are the remains of CATHERINE BALL, relict of SAMUEL BALL, Esqre of Grousehall, and daughter of Rev ARTHUR CHICRESTER, who departed this life on the 11th day of April 1799 in the 49th year of her age."
3. " Here lyeth the body of MARTHA, wife of Mr. HENRY McNEILL, daughter of Col: EDWARD CARY, who died the 29th year of her age, on the 17th day of July 1725."
4. " Here Iyeth the body of Col. DANIEL McNEILL who departed this life on the 11th day of September 1709 aged 59 years. "
5 " To the memory of DENIS O'DONNELL, gentleman, who departed this life on the 9th of April 1778, aged 78 years. Also ANNE his wife who departed this life on the 13th of May 1769;,aged 45 years. Their issue 5 sons, and one daughter."
6." To the memory of Rev PATRICK MCFAUL, who departed this life on the 14th of March 1805, aged 82 years."
7. "Erected to the memory of ARCHIBALD McMURRAY, who departed this life September the 18th 1828, aged 77 years."
8. Francis Little, Postmaster, Clonmany, also buried there.